Skip to content
Fried Rice with Sliced Egg Omelette
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ red capsicum, chopped
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 4 green onions, sliced toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large deep non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the eggs and swirl around the pan to form a thin omelette. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until just set then remove and set aside. Slice thinly.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir fry the red capsicum over medium heat until just tender then toss through the rice.
- Cook for a few minutes until the rice is fully heated through then fold through the peas and half the sliced omelette and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Fold in the green onions.
- Mix together the soy sauce, cooking wine and sesame oil and add to the wok, tossing gently until fully combined with the rice.
- To serve, divide the rice between bowls and top with remaining sliced omelette, extra green onion and a scatter of sesame seeds.